25 Ways to Help
Have you ever watched the news and noticed how animals are being treated and wondered what you could do to make a difference? Do you sometimes dream of buying a ranch and rescuing all of the animals, only to realize that you don’t have the means to do so? Did you know that there are other ways to help? It’s up to you to find your niche! Below are just a few ideas on how you can contribute to the Gateway Pet Guardians community.
First, there’s the obvious ways to contribute:
- Sign up for a regular shelter shift to help walk and socialize rescued pets.
- Open your home to a rescued animal by fostering.
- Adopt. And encourage others to do the same!
Educate yourself on issues in the community and do the following to get connected:
- Sign up for email alerts to stay informed.
- Like GPG’s Facebook page, and share our stories and media.
- Write Facebook posts and blog posts about issues that are important to you.
- Network with local businesses and ask them to post flyers, helping us spread awareness about our mission.
- Shop the Gateway Pet Guardians online store for apparel, accessories and merchandise, and wear with pride!
Help Gateway Pet Guardians and their mission by raising funds:
- Make a one-time donation for the holidays.
- Sign up to be a monthly donor.
- Ensure that Gateway Pet Guardians is eligible for giving programs at your workplace and explore matching gifts from your employer.
- Encourage your friends and family to host fundraisers of interest to them. Know a Thirty-One, Jamberry Nails or Pampered Chef consultant? They can donate a percentage of sales to help animals in need.
- Do the kiddos want to help out at this year’s garage sale? Host a lemonade stand raising funds to benefit your favorite rescue.
Gateway Pet Guardians needs basic supplies to function day-to-day, and we can use help collecting these items!
- Host a pet donation drive at your workplace or school.
- Take advantage of Black Friday and other specials by purchasing gifts for shelter animals.
- Encourage friends and family to ask for pet donations instead of birthday presents this year.
Help others see the value in supporting animal welfare initiatives; below are just a few ways to do this!
- Work to connect and engage your club, group, or church with GPG.
- Encourage schools to integrate humane education into their curriculum–we are willing to visit!
- Join the Gateway Pet Guardians education program to spread the word about humane treatment of animals.
We all have skills, talents, hobbies, and interests that make us unique. Utilize these to help make a difference!
- Consider yourself to be a handy-man? Offer your services for routine maintenance around our Emergency Shelter.
- Are you a gifted writer? We’re always looking for creative minds to help promote adoptable dogs, fundraising events, etc.
- Talented photographer? Help animals get adopted by taking amazing pictures for their online profiles.
- Are you extremely organized and can navigate a spreadsheet with your eyes closed? Data entry is a crucial job for any organization.
- Excellent people skills? Donate your time at an adoption event and put those skills to work to help an animal find their forever home.
- Love arts and crafts? Organizations often look for donated items to sell at events or use in silent auction baskets.
If you’re ready to get started, fill out a volunteer application to join the Gateway Pet Guardians family. Help us make a difference!