Become A Volunteer
Volunteer With Gateway Pet Guardians
Want to be hands-on with the dogs? Looking for a role where you can help whenever it fits in your schedule? We need help at our emergency shelter in St. Louis City seven days a week! Our shelter dogs live for visits from volunteers, who can help with a variety of tasks, including:
- Walking and socializing dogs
- Grooming and bathing dogs
- Facilitating enrichment activities that stimulate all of the dogs’ senses
- Cleaning kennels
- General maintenance – cleaning, laundry, and the occasional handy-man project
- Clerical tasks – filing, organizing donations, etc.
Gateway has a number of quick and easy ways to volunteer for people who are looking to contribute sporadically:
- Fundraising and/or Adoption Events – Helping with set-up or take-down, running registration, handling adoptable dogs, representing GPG to attendees, and more. Note: events involving alcohol are for ages 21+ only.
- Clerical tasks – Volunteer from home! Making phone calls, sending emails, stuffing envelopes, updating spreadsheets and other office-related tasks.
- Transportation – Picking-up and dropping-off animals or donations.